Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Spawn 150 cover PENCILS revealed!

[jimlee]

Man, when Todd asked me to do a variant Spawn 150 cover, I thought, crap, it's been over 10 years since I have drawn this guy. Not sure of even what his current costume was, I had Todd and co. shoot me a jpeg for reference. Then I started and memories of the early Image days flooded back. But it wasn't the old squabbles that came to mind, but all the goofy crap we did when we were riding high and living out our dreams. So just from that standpoint--this image was a lot of fun to draw, simply for that old walk down memory lane.

I remember Todd's hopes for his character--this was way before the movie and toys and damn, if he didn't accomplish 99.9% of his dreams. That's perseverance for ya. Hopefully I can tap into that same enthusiasm when I tackle Wildcats with Grant Morrison cause this was way too much fun!

8 comments:

Jon Tsuei said...

Any insight on how long your run with Grant Morrison on Wildcats will be Jim, or is that top secret info at this point?

DC said...

What's with that car buying bible advert? I say stick with the old school site: http://carbuyingtips.com/ I read that sucker through and through before I bought my first car...

And Jim, I really felt that the characters in WildCATs developed very well in volume 3 (even though it was cut short). Looking forward to volume 4 though... have full faith in the creative team.

Vince said...

I can wait to see the next version of the Wild C.A.T.S , new designs , new story , and same good feeling !

Ryan said...

While I was extremely pissed with the cancellation of Volume 3 (especially since Dustin was supposed to come back to the book), at least some guys named Grant Morrison & Jim Lee will follow-up such a high quality book with one of their own.

By my estimation, we probably won't see this book until the end of next year, based on the expected run of Batman & Robin. So 2006 is already shaping up to be another banner year for you Mr. Lee. Just in time for Christmas!

Ryan

Jon Tsuei said...

bat2supe:

Thanks for the link my man. I read that article too but aparently I don't retain knowledge for very long, hehe.

antonio said...

Beautiful work Jim!!

JESUS ANTONIO

Jon Tsuei said...

riki: I hope this is of help to you.

Wildcats Vol. 2
http://www.sequart.com/wildcatsVOL2.htm

Wildcats v3.0
http://www.sequart.com/wildcatsVOL3.htm

Wildcats v3.0 (Vol. 3) was canceled after 25 issues. I don't think there are trades collecting the last 13 issues of that series. Which is really too bad, it was one of my favorite books being published at the time. I did ask Joe Casey about what was going to happen in the series, he had it all plotted out to like issue 45 or something like that, but he wouldnt give up any info because he said he might continue the story in another form some day. What form it'll take I have no idea.

Jon Tsuei said...

glad I could help out! happy reading :)