Monday, August 08, 2005

Skye Runner (exclusives!)


Skye Runner (exclusives!)
Originally uploaded by Gelatomettista.
[ale]

So to get this party started right I figured I'd start what will hopefully become a long line of Gelatometti Skye Runner exclusive peeks!

Where did this project start? Well, ever since Ninja Boy came to an end it seemed like there were endless requests for more. What many don't know, is that in the Ninja Boy tpb we added two pages. Two pages which showed that Nakio had in fact not died, and was in fact just beaten really badly. Jurojin, the healer he was in search of actually came to find him when he did not show up. She healed him, and so our story begins. Did we intentionally do this from the very begining? The answer is yes. Both Allen (Warner) and I knew this was going to lead into a new bigger story. So, fast forward about four years, and Jim asks me, "So, how're we gonna bring Ninja Boy back?". The answer, enter Skye Runner.

You see the three of us knew we wanted to re-explore Ninja Boy's world and what better way than through the eyes of a beautiful young female lead. Who just happens to exist on the opposite end of Ninja Boy's world, lol. So yes, with this new title we are rentering the world of Nakio, Sake, Kura, and yes even the evil Mikaboshi, and Zensho. How soon will we see the world most of you are familiar with? Probably not for a while. Hints will be dropped from the beginning for those in the know. But really what we are trying to do is introduce you all to a cast of characters even better than the ones you know. Ones that hopefully overtime you will all grow to love and care for.

If Ninja Boy had one thing, it had heart. Heart is something Allen, and I both push to inject into all of what we do. So, Skye Runner. Where it is and what it's become is more than just about anything Allen, Jim or I ever could've imagined. Not only in story but in the creative team assembled. Rich Friend, and Cris Walker are each among tops in thier fields without a doubt! Also as creative advisors we have Brian Azzarello in to keep tabs on the story, and the man Jim Lee himself to look over the art!

With this post I just wanted to wet your guys's noodles on how this new project came to be. In future posts we will explore individual characters, maps of this new world, and eventually even an original backstory that I am going to create solely for our little blog here. So keep an eye out, I'm hoping you all will enjoy this little ride we're about to take and please, feel free to post your thoughts along the way :)

link to larger view

-a
PSHOO!PSHOO!

6 comments:

EJ Morges said...

This sounds like a lot of Fun!

I'm really looking forward to the "Original Backstory" Gelatometti Blog Exclusive that Ale mentioned! I know it's going to be sweet!
SWEEET!
EJ

Gabe_Eltaeb said...

Ale,

I was upset that you left Batgirl. But now I'm glad you did because we will get this. I'm also looking forward to your issue of The intimates (I hear that is the final issue.) That sucks because the intimates is one of the most unique books on the market I'll be sad to see it go.

More Skye Runner pics soon please!

-Gabe

gabeeltaeb.com

mic? said...

Consider my noodle wetted. lol... ewww... excitin' stuff! Great character designs. I like Glyph and Gor in particular and am curious about Omar. :D

Looks like I'll be investin' in Ninja Boy trades! :]

And yo... did... did we just get spammed? lol!

Peace...

Yano said...

Yes! More Ninja Boy! Now I have to dig up my old copies to brush up on the story. It's definitely my favorite works of yours.

Keep us updated!

Masik said...

Ale, I'll draw a poster pin-up for Skye Runner for free and maybe some Jim Lee ice cream.

Masik

mic? said...

ricH: Ale made me write it. :D

Yano: You're hot. :]

missleman: You're a hoot & a holler! lol

Peace...