Wednesday, August 24, 2005

the future...


the future...
Originally uploaded by Gelatomettista.
[ale]



Hey guy's I wanted to post but I couldn't scrounge up any of my own stuff so I decided to show a little of my kids work. Here's a little pic my oldest did. At 10 years old she's already decided that comics are her future. It's exciting for me just to think that one of my kids wants to follow in her old dad's footsteps. I'm almost certain she will be far more successful than I ever will, lol! She's drawing all the time, it's really cool to see! She's shooting to get her first book out before she's 17 because she knows that's how old I was when I first was published. I definitely see her being on her way. And trust me as soon as she's good enough, old dad's gonna have one hekkuva background artist :D ! But seriously it's fun, and I know I'm gonna have a blast watching her smoke me!



-a

PSHOO!PSHOO!

8 comments:

Ben Baker said...

Nice work! She's talented for sure.

Anonymous said...

WOW....kids are just doing everything younger by the day. Thats some good anatomy there btw.

Yano said...

Wow! That's awesome, especially for her age. She already seems to have a good undertstanding of anatomy and movement. It's great that you're supporting her - we need more females behind the scenes in comics, rather than on the pages.

Mustashrik said...

oh my god, your 10 year daughter drew that?! thats amazing, well done she sure has a bright and amazing future ahead in comics!

M
:)

ccaprile said...

Wait a minute. Your ten year old daughter drew that picture? Doesn't Jim have a kid around that age? I do believe we have the contestants for the next Gelatometti Iron Chef Challenge!

Chris Caprile

EJ Morges said...

HOLY. . . . . .
Incredible!

The future of comics is looking really bright!

mic? said...

My GASH! I was so not drawin' action sketches like that @ age 10. Looks like talent runs in the family! Can't wait to see how far she'll go! Congrats!

Peace...

spinkick said...

Another superstar in the making, no doubt.

I think her work is great, thanks for sharing.

:)