Saturday, August 20, 2005

Grand Salami!

Grand Salami! Originally uploaded by Gelatomettista2.
[jimlee]

This post is dedicated to gtjdorris. All Metti-fans who follows baseball should know what this means. Well, if you follow the Braves or the Pads.

Oh yeah!

OK, OK the Padres are a sucky team this year, despite being in first place. I freely admit it. It's sad when the Padres who are leading the National West division have a worse record than the WORST National League East team AKA the flailing Mets. Sad, but ya know what, the slate is all wiped clean for the playoffs. And the Padres look to take the West crown simply because all their other divisional rivals are suckier than they are. Welcome to the Suck indeed.

5 comments:

Ryan said...

Yes, it is sad that a team with a record as poor as the Padres can make the playoffs...let alone possibly make it to the World Series if the stars are aligned and pigs are flying. However, thus is the nature of the way the playoffs are seeded...look at the NHL where the Southeast division produced a team in the Carolina Hurricanes that made it all the way to the Stanley Cup finals against Detroit...and that division was the worst in hockey. Miracles are less likely to happen in football & basketball, but they do happen.

Hold out hope...the Pads will at least make the playoffs...whether they win a game is another story (Peavy could steal one). I'm still hoping my Jays make the playoffs, even though we've been without our #1 & #2 starters for the better part of a month or two now. Got a bunch of teams to leapfrog, but you never know...

Ryan

Elayne said...

I don't think the Mets are flailing. The National League East is a fairly tight race. I actually believe the Mets have a better wild card chance this year than the Yankees, but perhaps that's just me.

G said...

Alright, alright, I'll admit we got thoroughly pants'ed as soon as I opened my big trap, but as you are so quick to point out: the playoffs are nigh. Hopefully for the sake of my online taunting we'll see one another as I think the Cardinals will finish with the best record in the League. Then my friend, oh yes then, we can do some major trash-talking.

-- Jonathan

P.S. Why don't we see you rocking the Royals hat anymore these days, huh? San Diego-living or not, you gotta stay true blue, know what I mean?

Ron Lim said...

If Bonds comes back, we'll eat the west alive!!!

Jason said...

Leave my Mets alone Jim.