Tuesday, July 19, 2005

...is it over yet?


... is it over yet?
Originally uploaded by Gelatomettista2.
(entry: Carlos)

...man, this Con. seemed LOOOOOOOONG!!! ...fun as always, but since they have officially added Wednesday to it's duration, it just seems never ending (specially under those fluorescent lights).

All in all though, a great show. As always, got to meet all kinds of cool people, and say 'Hi' to old friends as well. Didn't do too much walking, but I did see some pretty damn cool toys near "artist alley", and also got a couple of art books I'd been looking for (I never did find the 'die-cast' AKIRA bike though).

I remember my first couple of years at the show, I would buy sooooo much crap!!! ...now, half of the things I got are in boxes somewhere because I don't have the shelf space for it anymore, so I am forced to buy only "choice" stuff now. (^_^)

What really made this show special though was the fact that a bunch of our friends from Italy came down to visit (some for the first time), so it was really nice being able to hang out with 'em after the show and down a few brewskies at the Hyatt bar with them.

I was also very happy to see that people were really digging the "PH4 sketchbook". I am always weary of "when will the sketchbook 'fad' be over?" but in some way, a fan pointed out to me that that would be like getting tired of 'art books,' and I would have to agree. Would any of you say 'No' to a new Adam Hughes sketchbook? Or a Mignola one? If anything, the challenge is now up to us, the artist, to make sure that the sketchbooks we offer are worth putting out there.

...and now that the show is over and the 'Con shell-shock' gone, time to get back to the drawing table,

...oh yeah, and this here was my 'finished' piece for the "PH4" image (^_^)

peace,

Carlitos.

1 comment:

mic? said...

Hotness! Can't wait to have one/some/all o' you 4 to be around the Bay Area for me to buy this awesome sketchbook!

Peace...