Monday, March 21, 2005

WIZ WORLD LA

WIZ WORLD LA

[ale]

Haven't been around for a few days. The reason being is I was up in tha LBC attending the Wizard convention. Man, whatta weekend! From the barroom antics of a fellow comic pro, to the hotel room shenanigans, it was truly a weekend to savor, lol. I attended last year and had a blast, and this year's show was no different. I was shacked up with fellow artist Mark Brooks for the entirety of the show. We had what could only be described as "Alé and Mark's big 'fruity' weekend," heh. Also got to kick it with fellow pros Karl Kerschl, and Dave McCaig. Both of whom are extremely talented and super cool...yo! Once again the DC booth provided great shelter, and even though Marvel had an actual booth, DC was still the place to be!

The night before the show, Mark and I got a little boozy, and a little singy, and did up the above piece. The idea was to raffle it off during the show. A lucky young lady known as Maria was the big winner having only had to shell out 10 bucks for her tickets...(napolean says) luckyyyy....Congrats to her though, the piece actually came out pretty nice considering I could barely hold my head up while drawing my Wolverine, heh.

I'll post some of the commisssions I did as I get the scans sent to me. All in all a great time, and I can't wait for Comic-Con!

Pics of me annoying both Karl Kerschl, and Greg Rucka, the new creative team on Superman Adventures, make sure to check for it...yo!

Karl Kerschl

Greg Rucka

Raffle

-a
"skiperdoo!" PSHOO!PSHOO!

4 comments:

Jason said...

Maria is a lucky girl for winning the Cap & Wolvie piece. Wizard World LA sounded like a blast. I'm looking forward to you posting more of your commissions from the con. Nice work Ale!

Jason Truong said...

OMG! That Captain America/Wolverine piece is freakin' sweet!

Jon Tsuei said...

Great piece there Ale. Hope to catch you at Comic Con and get a commission from you since I wasnt able to at Wondercon. This is Jon btw (Asian dude with the black beenie that came around your table a few times). Cant decide on what the commission would be, too many ideas, hehe.

G said...

I heard there was craziness at night after the show. Apparently some dudes started climbing one of those neon marquee signs outside of some bar.

I heard the con itself was kinda slow and dull from some other folks. I was wondering if you felt that way too, Ale, or maybe being hungover could cure any interest in checking out the action on the floor. Anyway, just curious. I hope this crew makes it to DragonCon at the end of the summer. Take care, be well.

-- Jonathan