Friday, March 18, 2005

Aspen Dynamite...

Aspen Dynamite....

[ale]

So I guess I haven't mentioned this book much since it's been announced. I figure I guess I'll go into it a bit now, heh. Last year when I was in-between my stints with DC a project came up. Nick Barrucci had been trying to find me something to work on for ages. Actually since I first finished up EVE. I met up with him at last year's Wiz LA show, and he pitched me some projects. Since at the time I was not exclusive anywhere I thought it'd be a fun idea to give ol' Nicky a try. So I did. The project that seemed most appealing to me was this one, this Fathom one shot.

I had been friendly with Mike (Turner) for quite some time and really wanted to work with him. The pitch was, let's show Fathom when she was a teen, just before she started to realize who she really was. It was to be handled almost like a teen soap. Nothing gratuitous, no cheesecake, just a sweet story about an important time in this girl's life. I gotta say, JT Krull really delivered one great character-driven story, so I was hooked. I really think it's a cool story even if you've never read a Fathom book. Plus I got to draw a T&C shirt, lol! I did it awhile back so it's interesting to see it finally coming out. Check for it in May, i think you guys may enjoy it!

-a
"Hey Wizard, what's with the pshew, pshew? It's..." PSHOO!PSHOO!

4 comments:

MISSLEMAN said...

Nice- Did you get to draw the Gorilla with the sunglasses or was it a traditional ying- yang T&C Shirt, I'll look for it in May.

Sam Out-

GTJDorris said...

T&C Surf Design for the original NES is the greatest game ever made. Surfing AND skateboarding you say? You better believe it!

Mike said...

Does this mean your done with Batgirl?

nohoohboy said...

Yeah! Can't wait to see this stuff! Big fan of the whole Aspen crew!