Friday, March 18, 2005

Aspen Dynamite...

Aspen Dynamite....

[ale]

So I guess I haven't mentioned this book much since it's been announced. I figure I guess I'll go into it a bit now, heh. Last year when I was in-between my stints with DC a project came up. Nick Barrucci had been trying to find me something to work on for ages. Actually since I first finished up EVE. I met up with him at last year's Wiz LA show, and he pitched me some projects. Since at the time I was not exclusive anywhere I thought it'd be a fun idea to give ol' Nicky a try. So I did. The project that seemed most appealing to me was this one, this Fathom one shot.

I had been friendly with Mike (Turner) for quite some time and really wanted to work with him. The pitch was, let's show Fathom when she was a teen, just before she started to realize who she really was. It was to be handled almost like a teen soap. Nothing gratuitous, no cheesecake, just a sweet story about an important time in this girl's life. I gotta say, JT Krull really delivered one great character-driven story, so I was hooked. I really think it's a cool story even if you've never read a Fathom book. Plus I got to draw a T&C shirt, lol! I did it awhile back so it's interesting to see it finally coming out. Check for it in May, i think you guys may enjoy it!

-a
"Hey Wizard, what's with the pshew, pshew? It's..." PSHOO!PSHOO!

2 comments:

G said...

T&C Surf Design for the original NES is the greatest game ever made. Surfing AND skateboarding you say? You better believe it!

Mike said...

Does this mean your done with Batgirl?