Friday, April 01, 2005

A whole new World

A whole new World

[jimlee]

Wow...wore the dark socks to the Sin City premiere and man, what a difference that made. Everyone was giving me a completely different look, I got a raise from Dan Didio and I even got a very interesting voicemail from some O'Brien guy telling me how f-ing hot I was.

Weird night.

And I forgot to mention a ton of other people at the event--even people I spoke to at length (thankfully social maven Heidi MacDonald of the Beat has a sharper memory). Creators jetting in from England like Dave 'the Originals' Gibbons, Wizard ueber editor Brian Cunningham, DC con maestro Fletcher Chu-Fong, artist x-tradinaire John Cassaday and mutant master Chris Claremont. Also there was Image partner Erik Larsen and power attorney Harris Miller III.

Again as electic a gathering as one could imagine. Frank referred to us all as 'tribe' and I think that accurately summed it all up.

4 comments:

Mary E. Brickthrower said...

Remember this lesson of socks JIM, take it to heart. =O)

The premiere sounded like a blast...and JIM LEE talking to CASSADAY...um, can you say "SWOON"???

~mary e. brickthrower

Lord Chimmy said...

Don't let masses dictate which socks you're gonna wear. Fight these sock nazis and the black-and-white world they live in...

BTW, argyles might look good for special occasions.

Ryan said...

A very interesting group indeed...and I'll be able to meet one of those living legends in a few weeks.

Although I have only been collecting for maybe 15 years, I consider you Mr. Lee to be the artist of my generation...but there are always those who have come before you, and then there are also the icons of the industry...so I guess I will bow down before a legend like Jerry Robinson when he comes to Toronto for the Paradise show at the end of the month, as I did last year when the late Will Eisner had also come.

With regards to the fashion statement, I guess I'm in the minority in thinking that white socks wouldn't have been so bad, given the white in your shoes already...but that's just me.

Paolo said...

I don't know, Jim... We're going to summer, so it'll become *without socks* at all, for the young beach guys like you.

Oh, and what Cammo said was true.
Now, with black socks like us, you're really hot :!

Hooray!