Thursday, May 04, 2006

Modok The Hutt

Modok The Hutt Originally uploaded by Gelatomettista2.
(entry ricH)

I did this commission at the end of last year. The request was a little different from the normal things you might generally get asked to draw. Those unique ideas can be fun to try out depending on the core concept. The collector asked me to draw Modok in a funny situation or with a humorous slant to the image...I don't know if mine turned out all that funny but I thought it was clever when I came up with the idea originally.

Unfortunately because of the size of my scanner I lost a part of the middle and didn't ever realize it until I pasted the two pieces together tonight. Oh well... The piece did, and still does look stiff to me but that looser feel comes with more practice and experience. I had fun drawing it and the new owner really enjoyed it, so that was cool.

I have a full size scan and some of the prelim work I did to complete this piece available to check out here:

artshake

ricH

1 comment:

DC said...

You know what, maybe I'm just not a big enough fan of Star Wars or Modok, but when I first saw this piece, everything looked normal. And I applaud you for creating a piece that looks so natural.