Thursday, May 05, 2005

Waddup again...

Waddup again ...

...waddup y'alls?!? apologies for taking so long to post anything on the old 'Metti, but I was having a hard time getting stuff to actually post for a while (using the wrong 'address' or something), but then I'll admit it, I just got plain lazy, then I saw how hard Richie was working and felt guilty, so here I am again. (^_^)

...hopefully this one works, I want to do some "Mars Volta" drawings and post them too...heheheh, just kidding Richie, you know I love you and the "Volta." :) ('sides, I have to support fellow former-El Pasoans!!!)

...anyway, here's a little somethin' I did back at the NYC show some weeks ago. This was the first sketch/commission I did at the show, so I felt pretty damn rusty and the drawing seemed a bit stiff when I was putting it down on paper, and when I was done, I HATED IT!!! but now that I see it again, It doesn't suck too bad. :) ...then again, that's how it usually is with the 'first' of almost anything; a page, a pinup, whatever, it takes a little 'warming up' the old noggin' and loosen up the drawing hand...and to whomever it was that got this from me at the "Big Apple" show, if you are the SD Comic-Con, please swing my way at the artist alley and I will gladly do a bit of 'touch-up' on that piece, it doesn't quite feel finished to me. :)

peace out y'alls,

Carlitos

5 comments:

RichardFriend said...

I love Carlos and you can do as many Mars Volta pics as you want!

we laugh so much at work......we should be arrested by the goof-off police......work hard, play hard!

Chuckeedee said...

... no way Dude, I'm callin' first dibs to do psychedelic finger-paintings of Marc Anthony !!! :)

although I do have an idea for a "de-loused" piece, maybe I'll doodle it up tomorrow. And for any nay-sayers out there, I dare you to find a more 'visual' inducing album (lyric wise) than "de-loused in the commatorium" since Roger Waters left Pink Floyd!!! ... something about drawing afros ...

... set your controls to the heart of the sun baby!!!

Carlitos.

Fogger said...

You hatedit?!? I can't even fathom that.
I love this piece (see it in my gallery at http://tinyurl.com/7aong ) - it's now one of my favorite pieces! I'd stop by and see you at SDCC if I were going, but there's really no need to 'touch-up' anything.

Chuckeedee said...

... thank you very much, I'm glad you liked it (^_^) ... as the artist that drew it though, most of the times all you can see are all the little mistakes, or things you could have improved upon ... what's the saying? : "hindsight is always 20/20"? ... but really, when it's all said and done, this is YOUR piece, and if you're happy with it, then I'm happy with it ... it's the whole 'cutting the umbilical cord' kinda' thing, you always wanna' go back and touch stuff up, but 99% of the times, it's better to leave things alone and move on to the next piece.

Carlitos.

MISSLEMAN said...

It's not bad Carlitos, but I can tell you were rusty, draw draw draw.

Sam Out-