Sunday, May 08, 2005

Co-missions to tha X-TREME!

Co-missions to tha X-TREME!

[ale]

Taking some time this weekend to polish off my list of commisions. Thought I'd share this one before I put the rendering on. This loyal fan has waited for this one a little longer than I'd hoped to make him. The task was to recreate George Perez's classic cover image to Teen Titans issue 1. I can only hope he's not too offended. My only wish is that I wish I had been into these characters more growing up. Because as an adult I definitely have a blast drawing them!

Art was done on 11"17" bristol board, and done with cover quality pencil work.

-a
"have areal good time"PSHOO!PSHOO!

9 comments:

Peoplez said...

Hey nice comic drawings man!

MISSLEMAN said...

Very Nice Ale, I don't think they'll mind the wait.

Sam Out-

burtons said...

Holy $#*%T!! The New Teen Titans never looked better!!! Damn nice Ale... =)

wheels9696 said...

That looks awesome...great starfire. Do you mind if I ask how much a commission like this runs and how you get your commissions business?

Keep posting!

aw

meek? said...

Incredible! My fave's definitely Cyborg. Yo' renditions o' Starfire and Wally West are tied @ second for me.

Peace...

Ale Dangerous said...

commisions of this nature can get pretty pricey. this ones not even done yet. i'll post the finished version later tonight. as to how to get a commision contact my art rep at splashpageart.com. i will be taking a new amount of commisions as i'm finishing up my last batch. so if you're intersted get in early :)

-a

nohoohboy said...

I like your unique touch to this Perez classic. It's got a cartoony type influence on it. Can't wait to see the finished product. Cool beans.

patman said...

always loved that cover! it was one of those issues that really got me into collecting back when i was a kid. too bad that my mom threw them away when i reached puberty.

thanks for making me remember the good times.

patman said...

always loved that cover! it was one of those issues that really got me into collecting back when i was a kid. too bad that my mom threw them away when i reached puberty.

thanks for making me remember the good times.