Wednesday, November 01, 2006

detailing 2

(entry ricH)

Here's another piece.

This was the preview and cover image for issue 1. This piece had to be edited for the mild monster nudity....so you can also catch a peep of some boobage. It's pretty tame really. I always find it interesting that extreme graphic violence is ok in the United States.....but hide those nipples!

anyway. Again this piece has a ton of detail, now with the "magic" of the internet..you can see the whole thing after I got my hands on it. Lots of tiny details and little places to get lost in. Lots of different textures, and objects to work with. I spread this piece out over a few days. I wanted to enjoy the process so I would ink a few hours on this and then work on something else. I don't normally work that way but if I have the luxury..I take advantage of it.

large scan might take a moment to load. Both new WW scans are off the original boards for even extra high quality viewing here.

r~

9 comments:

and other drawn stuff said...

yeah i know what you mean.
i'm european and nipples only bother me when they are on bat-suits. during the day they show playmate photoshoots in austria.
but to be honest i don't get censorship at all.

coming back to the picture-it's insane like everything you ink.(and i don't have the time now to point out everything i like about it)
but what kind of brushes, pens and other tools are you using?

cheers B

Vittorio Giorgi said...

Nipples represent life! Too bad there's someone who thinks it's something that should be not shown.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for answering technique questions. I love hearing how the pros work. Could you answer one more? On a piece like this one (the one with the demon with the wardrobe malfunction) - how much of the piece is done with guides/curves/templates and how much is freehand. Thanks again!

Unknown said...

Maaan your inks are siiiiick!!...Scott Williams better watch out!!!

EJ Morges said...

Your inks are sick man!

A great match for Whilce's style.

What happened to Art Shake?
EJ

hxero said...

they look like our mythology creatures here in my country...

Vittorio Giorgi said...

I was breastfed when I was a baby... ;)

Unknown said...

Call me "Mr. Me Too"

and other drawn stuff said...

you should try out these new "fill them with whatever you want" letraset tria brushpen.
they kick butt.
speaking wich. yeah do that. the more the merrier.

B