Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Scarlet Witch

(Entry ricH)

Here's a Scarlet Witch drawing I did tonight. I have been doing so many figure drawings and studies lately I wanted to do something fun tonight. I really like drawing girls, so this was like a reward for all the hard work I've been doing lately (inking 2 pages and day and coming home and penciling every night) This took about 90 minutes to do, and it was the first time I've ever drawn her.



GTJDorris said...

Wow Rich, I like that a lot. Simple yet detailed, and just a very nice representation. I particularly like the way you drew her hair. That may seem a little odd to say but it's kind of hard to decide how to draw thousands and thousands of strands of hair and I think I rather like the way you chose to do it. Good job!!

-- Jonathan

P.S. Is your cat doing better now?

Requius said...




take a break rich, you deserve it

2 days sounds about right

then back to figures

Richard said...

I can't stop now~



I figured it out and I had said it was 6 months since I had drawn comic stuff. I realized it had been 10 months.


I was working on art all kinbds of different stuff (some I still can't show online)....but man my drawing chops for this type of work are dusty right now. I felt it coming back on this one. I was seeing the stuff clearer..I think in about 6 to 8 weeks....I should be really cranking.

thank you for the nice words.


Richard said...

I like it a lot. I look forward to seeing you grow in your art.


man, that's weird

for a second there i thought you were talking to yourself :)

your welcome rich :highfive:


just saw the latest (thurs)

nice figures, but your beginning to put more lines down than before

need to reel it back in

also i like that old WW pic

it reminds me of a pic i did a while back

ya know i have a problem rendering hair

i can see that you put "bubbles" on each end of a strand then pull it together with close together lines or just lines but when i do it, it sucks

maybe at this years SDCC you can show me some pointers


Richard said...

The more complex the pose the more I am trying to find the right lines. Maybe that's what you are seeing. Some of the poses I am trying to do are pretty hard.


and please feel free to come by and I'll try and help you out any way I can with your work. I'll be with the rest of the Wildstorm crew. Everyone's really nice so I am sure you can hit just about all of us up for a little info.




yup, i know

i see you guyz every year

you guyz are great


hey rich,

if i post anything, i'll post at your latest one

so currently it's WW with that amazing hair