Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Gomez - Wetworks Process

[JOEL]

Hey all...just wrapped up Wetworks #10 and I wanted to post a page from the book in each stage of it's inception, from layout to pencils to inks.

I have always found it interesting to see the many different processes my favorite creators use to get the job done. Comics is a collaborative effort...and I think it's fun to see what others bring to the table and how it can affect that working process.

I happen to be fortunate enough to work with WildStorm inker extraordinare, Trevor Scott! You can see how the pencils translate from layout to the beautiful finishes Trevor is known for above. Enjoy!

5 comments:

flaviano said...

it's always good to see the work from the tumbnails to the ink, really thanks for sharing! i like the staging of this one.

Fabrizio said...

I just say

W O W ! ! !

Fab

Abc said...

Hi, My name is Arthur Batista Cordeiro and I have 19 years old, I'm talking to you from Brazil. Yes, I'm Brazilian and a big fan of Jim Lee and others. Sorry for my english, but I learned alone. I also learned to draw by myself.
I'm still a bad drawer,but I have been studying anatomy and other things that I do not know how to write in english.
I would like to receive coments from you about my cartoons. If you wish...
My draws are in my flickr
www.flickr.com/photos/arthurbatista
If u prefer send me a e-mail:
j_sss_bach@hotmail.com
Thanks!!
and


EXCELSIOR!!

Francis Manapul said...

looking good jizzo..

Donnie said...

Wow! That looks great!

You commented on Trevor Scott's inks and that raises a question. When you hand your work into other inkers do you ever worry about how they will interpret your pencils? I'm not asking for names just whether it ever bothers you to let others touch your work.
Thanks.