Monday, April 16, 2007

Ground and Pound/ quick sketches

(entry Rich)

A first in a series of 1 to 3 minute drawings I did to warm up tonight. I want to keep this visually interesting so I will be adding some of my style and techniques over the pieces to keep this fun.

I really had no clue what I was going to draw when I started this. I have NO experience in this area so I just sit down and draw either a head, a knee, or a set of shoulders and try and pull off a pose. I can already see that's a bad way to work so I am already picturing more exciting poses before I lay the pencil down to the page...it seems to work better.

r~

2 comments:

COMIKXGUY said...

keep 'em coming rich

we all appreciate it

btw i just found a guy on youtube that has a great, very long series on anatomy, he's very slow but precise

search for the name: riven phoenix

he's great for true, true beginners with no artistic skills and training

alot of it will be "old hat" but you'll like it more if you sit through it

just like drawing sooper hiro poses :)

got any online suggestions for absolute beginners?

thankx

Gelatomettista said...

I am getting them together. So I'll be adding all kinds of resources as I uncover them.

..............

For comics. I honestly consider myself just that(absolute beginner) to some extent. I've always been able to draw to some degree....and yeah if I sit down and try hard most stuff will turn out ok. That's been with me since I was about 11 or 12. That's luck of the draw, and I got lucky I have some natural ability.

BUT,

I really want to get to where I can do it consistently...it feels more natural. You know the drill.

Rich.