Friday, March 27, 2009

Recent Ramondelli


Starscream - This began as a pencil art commission at Wondercon in San Francisco, but I wanted to do a digitally colored version as well. This is probably one of the faster paintings I've done, maybe 4 hours from start to finish. I wanted to achieve a bit of a blurry/speed effect here.

Green Lantern - This was a commission, acrylic on illustration board. Later on I scanned it in and added a little digital glow to Hal Jordan's ring.

Zatanna - Another recent commission, and definitely a little different than what I'm normally asked to draw. But I had a lot of fun with this one. And thanks to artist extraordinare Mike Lopez, who always provides great tips on drawing the ladies.


Rorschach - I did this pencil drawing for fun in anticipation of the movie finally coming out. I still can't believe we are living in a movie era where Rorschach is on the cover of Entertainment Weekly.

Until next time!



Captliu said...

Simply Awesome as usual. When can we expect Blaster and his cassettes to appear??

Livio said...

Thanks, Captliu!

Hopefully I'll be able to get to a Blaster painting in the near future. But if you'd like to see some other work that I haven't posted here, check out my DeviantArt page at

meek? said...

I see the Mike Lopez influence on the Zee piece! Nice!

Starscream's money!


Livio said...

Hey Meek,
Yep, Lopez casts a huge shadow when it comes to drawing girls. He's a big inspiration actually.

Thanks for the comments!