Friday, March 27, 2009

Recent Ramondelli

[Livio]

Starscream - This began as a pencil art commission at Wondercon in San Francisco, but I wanted to do a digitally colored version as well. This is probably one of the faster paintings I've done, maybe 4 hours from start to finish. I wanted to achieve a bit of a blurry/speed effect here.

Green Lantern - This was a commission, acrylic on illustration board. Later on I scanned it in and added a little digital glow to Hal Jordan's ring.

Zatanna - Another recent commission, and definitely a little different than what I'm normally asked to draw. But I had a lot of fun with this one. And thanks to artist extraordinare Mike Lopez, who always provides great tips on drawing the ladies.

[Livio]

Rorschach - I did this pencil drawing for fun in anticipation of the movie finally coming out. I still can't believe we are living in a movie era where Rorschach is on the cover of Entertainment Weekly.

Until next time!

-Livio

4 comments:

Captliu said...

Simply Awesome as usual. When can we expect Blaster and his cassettes to appear??

Livio said...

Thanks, Captliu!

Hopefully I'll be able to get to a Blaster painting in the near future. But if you'd like to see some other work that I haven't posted here, check out my DeviantArt page at http://livio27.deviantart.com/

mic? said...

I see the Mike Lopez influence on the Zee piece! Nice!

Starscream's money!

Peace.

Livio said...

Hey Meek,
Yep, Lopez casts a huge shadow when it comes to drawing girls. He's a big inspiration actually.

Thanks for the comments!