Sunday, December 28, 2008

Happy Holidays!

[Joel]

Hey guys, hope everyone is enjoying the holidays with family and friends...I've been dabbling with ink and washes lately and wanted to share an image of my latest efforts. A friend of mine suggested I explore this a little more as a way of improving my drawing skills.

I've dabbled in this brush style previously with colored paper (I posted a Jonah Hex piece, as well as a Daredevil piece I've done in this style). I find that working this way forces me to focus on what is important in the drawing - creating a more three dimensional image, all the while using composition to lead the eye where you want.

It's been a lot of fun learning the tools and I can't help but feel its changing how I draw...mastering the tools and techniques, rather than forcing them to do what I want...that being said-I think my Solomon could use a little work...Happy Holidays guys!

JOEL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice one.

mic? said...

Nice indeed. Cheers to self-improvement!

Peace...

Gelatomettista said...

Thanks, man
it's been a lot of fun learning this new stuff...it's easier having a couple of efforts under your belt to get a sense of where you are taking it.