Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Fenix Rising

[Joel]

Hey all, just wanted to post a piece I had done of one of my all-time favorite video games...Gears of War. Last week, at the New York Comic Con -I got the opportunity to chat it up with Michael Capps-president of Epic Games, and Joshua Ortega- a friend of mine who happens to be writing the storyline for Gears II and boy, am I excited for November!

Normally for me, November means great turkey eats and football goodness (Go Packers!), but this year with the release of Gears II at the same time, something's gotta give...oh, well...Thanksgiving comes every year...I'm sure there will be leftovers...somewhere!

JOEL

6 comments:

Urban Barbarian said...

Digging this! Nice!!!

Brandon O'Donnell said...

Sweet. Looks like another day at the office.

Roz@Aspen said...

That is probably the coolest Gears image - ever.

Flipforce said...

Hey Joel, I met you at NYCC and I have to say you are one of the most down to earth, coolest people I've ever met. Thank you for sketching me Joker. Hope to see you again next year!

Unknown said...

good stuff joel!

Gelatomettista said...

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words...I really enjoyed drawing this piece. If you look closely you can see the seam where the two art boards meet, as it is a double page image...rarely do you get the opportunity to go off on something not yet done before...I felt that Gears of War had enough memorable scenes in the game to draw from(pun intended), that fans would "get" the impact of this image without it ever being in the game...and its double-sized to insure recognizable details...thanks again for commenting guys!
JOEL