Monday, April 28, 2008

"Emma Frost" The Remix

[Nome]

Hey yall's, hows it going? First of all, thanks to everyone who stopped by artist's alley in NY to say "Hi", chat, and of course spend money:) It was great to finally meet a bunch of fans who have gotten commissions from me throughout the year and put faces to the names.

Here is a piece I did for pick up at the NY show. They wanted my version of "Emma Frost" who happens to be my favorite X-character, so I was thrilled to do it. It ain't coincidence that she also resembles my favorite real life person....hmmmm? You figure it out. Hope you like:)

5 comments:

Brandon O'Donnell said...

Nice work, really like it.

Quick question for you or anyone else that might know: Is there any real problem with selling commissions that feature copyrighted characters (such as Emma Frost)? Obviously a lot of artists do - I even have in the past - but the more I read about it, the more it just seems like a recipe for legal trouble.

casperOne said...

Hmm, are you going to tell us who your favorite person this was modelled after is?

Jason Johnson said...

I know this one, all too easy! Madonna, of course! Yeah, I did my Nome research. Nice piece, dude.

Ron Salas said...

Megan Fox!

Shawn Colloton said...

Awesome Bro. Seriously Madonna is perfect for the White Queen. Great likeness.