Wednesday, January 21, 2009

"I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

[Oliver]

Hello everyone, how's it goin? Along with all of you, I've been counting the days till 'Watchmen' premieres and as it gets closer, I'm just getting that much more 'fanboy excited,crazy'!

I just re-read the series for the tenth time and it still never ceases to amaze me how phenomenally intricate and thought out the story and art are, it's just so inspirational.

Thank you to whomever that the studios worked out a deal and the movie is coming out on time!

On my down time I decided to draw each character individually and in the end all the pieces will connect...as I finished the first one, which is the "Ozymandias' yer looking at, something occured to me that would push this little project to the next level. As you know, I ink my own work and haven't had anyone ink over me since I've been at WildStorm...I work with four of the best inkers in the industry under the same roof and decided to ask them to help me out....and here is the final product of my first collaberation, inked by the amazing Trevor Scott.

I just went over to his office and asked if he would ink this piece, I know he is a busy man and wasn't expecting anything but he graciously accepted and gave me the finished piece two days later!

Thanks again Scott, I am blown away at what you did!

I hope you guys like it too and I'll be posting the next collaboration soon...

6 comments:

Mathias said...

Looks brilliant Oliver! Always liked your stuff, but combined with my favourite character from watchmen, it couldn't be better. Can't wait to see your take on Manhatten.

Gelatomettista said...

thnx so much Mathias:) In the upcoming weeks I'll be posting the others

The Benjamite said...

Boy I hate your work.

Gelatomettista said...

Thnx Benjamite! I hate my work also;)

mic? said...

^ lol

Very nice! I'm callin' it right now... your Silk Spectre is gonna be the sickest.

Dr. Manhattan Viral Video ::
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd5cInmK6LQ

Peace.

Gelatomettista said...

That video is AWESOME!!!