Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Peter Pan & The Clan

[The Mysterious Mr. Kirby]

This rendition of "Peter Pan & The Clan" was comissioned after a friend of mine saw my version of "Alice's Wonderful Land."

I love doing these fully-marker-rendered illustrations because they take me back to the days when I was younger and only had my Berol markers to get jiggy with. This image is pure markers (all me), but there is another version with the saucey special effects I couldn't do without the computer.

Nowadays, computers allow me to take my images into a whole 'nother dimension. Filters, gradients, glows and textures I couldn't acheieve before are now mine to party with.

I will always love and use my markers (like getting my hands dirty), but I do embrace the computer options (like using digging tools for my art garden.)

Remember you are the product and complete the thought whenever possible.

Holla back.

11 comments:

Remi said...

i like peters showoff face :)

Unknown said...

i love you guys

G said...

And the mind's a terrible thing to waste, so use it till there's none left.

MAQ911 said...

JJ,
it would be awesome if you could do a tutorial or a walk through of the process you use to do a marker rendering. Nice job
M

Vittorio Giorgi said...

Bellissimo.
Pantone markers, right..??

Fabrizio said...

WOAH! Your ability with markers is stunning, dude!

Fab

AnimatorArtist said...

Mr. Kirby,
I second the notion of a tutorial on how you get the fantastic marker rendering effects.

Jim

Tegan said...

Holy wogglebugs on a stick! I should get you to do an Oz one for my husband.

Francis Manapul said...

very nice...

Unknown said...

awesome piece you did there, jj. did you use those copic markers from Japan? how do we get in touch with you for commissions?

thanks!
pat

mic? said...

You are the marker king, Mr. Kirbs.

Came unique w/ it! Wish I could see more cover work from you w/ this medium.

Peace...