Monday, October 30, 2006

No Quarter

(entry ricH)

Figured I'd go for a trilogy on these pics/.

Really foggy day up in La Jolla last week and I got some great pics.

I am a big fan of landscapes in part thanks to the amazing work of Maxfield Parrish. I came to discover his work in an odd way early on which was via Hipgnosis founder Storm Thorgerson. A great album cover designer who's worked with bands like Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, The Mars Volta, Muse, and Audioslave just to name a few. He would do these blown out colors with a strange Kubrick styled silence and use of space to them. I always found them completely compelling as images...almost hypnotic.

This is my nod to Thorgerson's work on Houses of the Holy.

5 comments:

Mario Alba said...

I'm not a big fan of this kind of stuff, but I must say that this one looks fantastic. I like the colors, the shapes, and especially the composition. Great job, Rich!

Fabrizio said...

Hi Rich!

Photoshop is a really cool toy! Something like an imagination enancer! Anyway in design school here in Torino, we usually use it to even prepare pasta, caffè or even have shower!!! :-D

No, not so far, but photoshop is useful indeed.

Days ago I took some pictures with my digital camera. Y'know, that sort of images with the city by night and cars that pass, creating wires of light. It's amazing to discover how cool are that pix with full saturation colours...! ;-)

Bye from Italy

Skull_Leader said...

Nice photo Rich! Thanks for sharing dude!!

-Josh ^__^

danielpicci said...

hi there

totally unrelated, but has everyone else who purchased a Gelatometti scketchbook received it?
i purchased mine about 2 months ago (and it has been debited from my credit card) and still havent received it...?

anyhoo....nice photos rich....i recently purchased a new digital camera myself and have been going nuts with it, taking photos for reference....

best
Daniel Picciotto

danielpicci said...

cool thanks Rich!!
yeah i either thought it was a shipping issue or possibly hadnt been sent yet....buts that cool thanks for getting back to me....
yeah that would be great if someone found out for me...or if you sent one that would be much appreciated!

thanks again

daniel