Monday, August 24, 2009

Tomorrow ey?!?

[Carlitos]

I was at Target this past Thursday, and noticed they already had the playable demo for "Arkham Asylum", the same one that was available at Comic-Con, THEN it dawned on me that the game will be released TOMORROW!!! The kid that was playing it seemed to be having a blast, and that's when it reeeeally dawned on me; "oh sh#t, this game looks AND plays friggin' amazing AND I got to work on it!!!' 

...the only comparison I have with working on a project like this was when I had the HUUUGE honor of working with Richard Bennett on 'BRASS'... you send your pencils (in this case, designs), and what comes back is so much more than the sum of it's parts.  The creative team over at Rocksteady took the doodles I did and turned them into AMAZING 3D sculptures, and then you see these things moving and interacting inside these menacing, dark environments.... not much else to say except that I am a lucky bastard and am damn proud to have been a part of this project!

....I can't wait to get my hands on this here thang'!!! (^_^)

Carlos

10 comments:

Gabriel Olson said...

Freaking awesome Bane design. Can't wait to get my grubby little mits on this game.

Blasterkid said...

I can always say..."I knew him when"

:)

in all seriousness carlos you KNOW how proud of you I am on this game...you kicked ass and deserve all that great things that will come from working on this.

Now I am going to have to kick your butt in the game.

;)

ricH~!

Gabe_Eltaeb said...

Congrats Bro! You should be proud. It looks amazing. You are an inspiration.

Daniel Picciotto said...

those designs are crazy!!!

Daniel Picciotto said...

actually now that i think of it....my brother is a massive gamer, and was saying he was going to get this game.
today something the size of a game was delivered to my house from the states - my money is on it being this game!

Unknown said...

Carlos man I love your work I've been a big fan ever since I picked up Brass, I've been waitin on this game to drop since I heard about it and when I found out you were doin designs it was considered purchased. Cant wait for your next project, saw your name in the DC solicitations for Nov on Starcraft 7 looking forward to it.

Gelatomettista said...

Carlos here,

Thanks Y'alls... the game seems to be getting a pretty damn good response, and the little I've played was fun as hell... like I said, I am just happy to be along for the ride! :)

Captliu said...

I just got the game and it is AWESOME!!! You,the team at Rocksteady, Mark Hamill, Kevin Conroy, Arleen Sorkin did an awesome job.

Sean Kennedy said...

Is there anyway you can get permission for more of your design concepts to be displayed on your blog? I played the game and they are in it as collectibles, but i would love to see your own notes to the developers on how something should function.

BTW, i love your Scarecrow design too.

Anonymous said...

The game was so Awesome! I really liked your designs, I can't wait for a sequel, or just another Batman game from you guys.