Monday, November 26, 2007

Akira!

[Lopez]

Hello out there. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! During the holiday I had a chance to work on a commision for a friend, Jon Bolerjack, that I wanted to share with you.

This is Tetsuo and Kaneda from AKIRA, in case you were unfamiliar with the characters. This is a little different from the other toned paper sketches, the difference being just a little more color. I am a huge lover of graffitti-and when I get a chance to throw in that influence, I absolutely do not pass up that opprotunity.

Also thanks to everyone who commented on my last posting. Sorry, I am still learning to reply to your comments now.

That's all for now, see ya.

13 comments:

Vittorio Giorgi said...

You should write on it "NEO TOKYO IS ABOUT TO EXPLODE"...

Urban Barbarian said...

That is so tremendously cool!!!!

Unknown said...

Well, i was trying to find a way to talk with Jim Lee, and in everyplace that a i look it's written taht this is his blog, so...
I would like to ask a favor, I'm a brazilian student of architecture, and i'm doing my graduation project about the relation between Architecture and Comic books, but i need to put in my project some interviews with architects and comic book artists, so if you don't mind i would like to send some questions about the subject!
This is my e-mail: s_pretti@hotmail.com
i will be waiting for an answer!

Soraya M. Pretti

Remi said...

cooool

Gelatomettista said...

Mike is a bastard!!!! ... I said it!!!! ...I hate you Lopez, I hate you so much!!! >:(


Carlitos

Gelatomettista said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jason Johnson said...

That's the good stuff, homey! Awesome.

Dani Serrano said...

An awesome drawing!! I've always loved that motorbike!

Casey Palmer said...

I can't believe no one's said it yet.

TETSUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Heh. But seriously. Freakin' sweet.

geekboypress said...

So is it possible to get a commission piece like this? All your stuff's been amazing so far! E-mail me: geekboypress AT yahoo.com. I've got a great character for you to draw

John said...

Hi there,

Another amazing artwork! So impressed.

I know I've asked before (and hope you don't mind me asking again), but I'm really curious to know the medium / technique you use. It's so striking. Inks? Paint? Markers? Pastels?

Whatever it is, it really works!

Cheers.

John. (Manchester, England)

Michael said...

hi there, thanks to all for posting your comments. the medium i used here is a combo of sharpie and colored pencil. the paper is your standard toned paper, thats it. pretty simple.

mic? said...

This is incredibly sick. Sick in a great way, o' course. Looks like it should be a special edition DVD or CD soundtrack cover.

Peace...