Wednesday, November 05, 2008

In Honor of Michael Turner...

(entry Oliver)

Hello everyone, here is a piece I did of Michael Turner's character Aspen for his "Tribute" book out today. Buy it, it's an awesome book! I would like to thank everyone at Aspen Comics for letting me be a part of this amazing project with the likes of Jim Lee, Marc Silvestri, Joe Madureira, J. Scott Campbell and tons of other great artists and writers that I admire and am a fan of. Michael Turner was one of my favorite artists and with "Fathom", especially that first arc, I feel he was one of the artist's that started the "widescreen, cinematic" trend and his attention to detail, especially backgrounds, has influenced me a great deal. My only regret is that I didn't get the chance to know him personally but the good thing is that he was such a prolific artist that I along with everyone else will have his art to enjoy forever.

Please go out and get yourself a copy!

Hope you enjoy:)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Oliver. I really love your artwork, but haven't seen you on any books yet. How come? And if you have, which ones, because I would love to support you and your work :)

Gelatomettista said...

Thnx Michael. I've done a few little things here and there, most recently I did pages in "The New Dynamix" issues 2, 3, and 5. Currently, my main job still, is designing DC Online's MMO with Jim and the rest of the Wildstorm crew. When I finally get on a book of my own, I definately will let everyone know.

Anonymous said...

Do you think they will ever release a book of all of the artwork for that game? I'm sure they could at least fill a few hundred pages! Do you ever do commissions (that's what they're called right?) too? Just curious :D

Gelatomettista said...

Yes I do commissions all the time. If interested, hit me up on my "comicartfans.com" page. thnx:)

Gregory said...

I love the work you do, and i cant wait to see what you got next up your sleeve, i got one quick question to ask but what kind of scanner do u use for your work?

Anonymous said...

JIM you are the best, when do you come in France ??