Thursday, September 04, 2008

New Nuñez

[Nuñez]

Hello everyone, hope everyone had a good Labor day weekend! I feel like it went by too darn quick :( Anyhoo. I wanted to post up a couple of things I was working on over the weekend.

I wanted to do a Batman/ Joker Piece so after seeing the badass job Carlos did for Game Informer mag I decided to swipe his idea and do my version of the two. On this piece I used Copic markers ( they rock) for the gray tones. I just love the control you get with the brush tip.

The next piece is of Kaneda. I have always been a fan of Otomo and as a kid I loved AKIRA. I never really drew Kaneda much it was always about Tetsuo, so I wanted to take a crack at him. I have to say as simple as Otomos caharacters are, there a pain in the @$$ to get them right.

And last is a pinup of the Batfamily. This one I drew a couple of months after starting here at the studio. This one was supposed to serve as a practice for my phobia of backgrounds. It took me a loooong time to complete, but finally I had to sit down and complete the damn thing.

Btw, if anyone's interested in these pieces, you can contact me here.

Lates

5 comments:

John Learned said...

I really dig that batfam pic. How long did that take you (hour-wise)?

Amrinder Singh Nagi said...

batsy-joker piece is really cool.i'l try to interpret this idea too in a different way.

Dan szilagyi said...

Batman pieces are awesome, yay copics!
and the kaneda piece is awesome too, i love movie.
great work!

Unknown said...

All the pictures are badass!!!! really got me pumped up to draw. Thanks for the inspiration.
Durden

MARY said...

YEAHH Your drawing of those two are amazing :D I´m trying to draw them fighting too ;)
Saludos!!!