Thursday, January 31, 2008

digital sketch

(entry ricH)

I was messing around with painter tonight and I just couldn't get the look I was going for. I decided to see if I could get the same effects I was trying to achieve in photoshop. I was going through settings with the brushes, pencils, you name it...just to see what each little variation does. It started getting late and I hate the idea of twiddling knobs with nothing to show for it at the end of the night. I decided to see if I could paint out of all the mess I had on the screen which was just random strokes, shapes and flourishes of color etc, and this was result.

that's it...I am going to sleep.




Jon said...

Haha very nice Rich. I still do the same thing on occasion with Painter. Usually just when I'm bored and fiddling around in hopes of finding a new one I can use.

I've also found it hard to mimic PS brushes, which is fine since, if I wanted the PS look I would use that program. I think a good chunk of it has to do with the different way that Painter mixes and handles color.

Richard said...

I'm setting up in photoshop now and finishing a new one in painter. I'll see how that goes. Check my Deviant page tonight it will be up around 11 or 12 PM West Coast time...

Neo said...

Hi Rich

I like it. I'm a fan of painter myself.