Thursday, October 11, 2007

You looking at me?

[Nome]

I finished another piece for Brian Stryker, last night after work. I stayed at the studio 'till nearly midnight too. Back in March, I did a "Gambit/Rogue" Nome remix piece for him and recently did the "Iron Fist" for his brother, Kevin. Thanks guys!

Below, I've included the prelim, which I decided to flip for the final, final figure pencils, half-way point with inks and the final with background.

Chamber was always one of my favorite Generation X members, both as a character and visually. Doing this piece was a lot of work but I had a blast. I was channeling some Bachalo with his energy signature and personally, this is one of my favorite pieces I've done so far. Hope you like:)

8 comments:

DC said...

That is some of the best work I've seen on this blog yet. All about the lighting and you got that down. AWESOME.

J0hnny Mn3m0nic said...

Nice Oliver, the light work is excellent

Daniel (SMT) Smith said...

This is awesome your really getting good!!

mic? said...

Stylin'!

I woulda been a fan of Jono if he was designed like that in the first place.

Congrats, Mr. Nome.

Peace...

Unknown said...

Hey, I know this is way off topic but since I can't find an email for you...

Jim, can you please go to
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Men_Trading_Cards_1991_%28Jim_Lee_Art%29

and fill in which issues the three cards where I can't figure out where they came from? I'm especially interested in that Omega Red card because I have never seen him in that look, and since you introduced him, I'm curious if that was a rejected design for him, or what.

Hope you like the page, I'm trying to start filling in wikipedia articles for old marvel cards.

Thanks

indy

Jason Johnson said...

Hey Oliver, really nice work. I can appreciate the detail-freakiness, just like i am with my work! Keep it up, dude.

Andres P. said...

awesome, man...amazing piece.

A!

Urban Barbarian said...

Your best one yet! Great pose and a solid background!